National Cat Day was last week so now we have some stats from a recent survey of 1,000 dog owners:
- 92% of dog owners say their dog is like part of the family.
That’s compared to 84% of cat owners who said the same about their cat.
- 73% let their dog up on the furniture.
- 69% said their dog is their favorite member of their household.
75% of woman agreed with that one, compared to 63% of men.
- 62% have purchased their dog a holiday gift before.
- 54% have celebrated their dog’s birthday.
- 43% have taken their dog on vacation with them.
- 25% have bought a car or home with their dog in mind.
- 17% have carried their dog or pushed them in a stroller, even though they could have walked on their own.